Saturday, August 8, 2009

Flying Solo

I had a fairly productive day today. I got up at 9, showered, packed up all the stuff I won't need this week, and headed towards the zoo. The National Zoo is amazing. It's organized really well, minus the lack of maps in a few areas. Really pretty foliage and lots of animals, though they were taking refuge from the heat today. I did see quite a few though. One thing that freaked me out was the fact that the spiders were not in any sort of contained area. Wtf. I can't deal with spiders. And daddy, consider this my one week reminder to kill the damn deck spider!!

Tomorrow I think I'm going to wander around the mall. I am going to either go to the Jefferson memorial or to the Albert Einstein memorial. I kind of think the Einstein one sounds totally cool. Will probably hit the 9/11 Pentagon memorial, too.

The countdown hath begun. One week from today I will be sleeping in my own bed, though most likely not alone. I'm sure I'll have two cats who will be attached to my hip. I'm looking forward to Sunday like no other. I can't wait to see all of you guys.

More pics up on FLICKR. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment