Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Great Weekend

I had a great time this weekend with my friends. I'm pretty sure I already wrote about Piola. Great restaurant. Loved the Gnocchi. Wrote about Harry Potter, too, I believe. We toured the Capitol on Saturday. That was a really neat building. Though, that just goes without saying. Afterward, we headed over to the Library of Congress. Again, totally awesome. After that was a trek towards coffee and flip flops. Neither were much of a success but adventures are fun. We had originally planned to go out to the bars that night but after wandering over to King Street and finally partaking in sustenance we all decided we were way too tired to do anything so we packed up and headed home.

I felt a little blah on Sunday so I laid around the apartment until 2ish and I met everyone at the Holocaust museum. Very humbling experience. We weren't able to get tickets to the permanent exhibit so I will have to go back for that. Another failed coffee trek followed and then we got food at the American History Museum. Night at the Museum: Battle at the Smithsonian at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum ended the evening (for me anyway). The girls wandered around the monuments after I left to come back home. Work called.

Today I had to work. Incredibily boring day. I met the girls at the Archives station after and we headed into Georgetown for dinner. We ate at this slightly famous restaurant called Zed's which serves Ethiopian cuisine. Totally awesome foodstuffs. You eat with your fingers, too, using this bread-like stuff that they serve. Very unusual buth worth the random trek into Georgetown.

We hung out at my apartment this evening, playing Friends Scene It and Rock Band. Everyone was kind of tired so a quiet evening was best for all. We also got ice cream at Cold Stone.

I have uploaded pictures from their visit to Facebook and Flickr. View them HERE

1 comment:

  1. You know...now that I read your post I realize. That not only did the sidewalks keep trying to kill us but the city kept depriving us of coffee! DC is evil!!

    lol

    ReplyDelete